Dharamshala International Film Festival
When:To Be Conformed
Where: McLeodganj, Dharamshala
The Dharamshala International Film Festival (DIFF) is an international film festival that seeks to promote contemporary art and independent cinema in the Himalayan region by showcasing the best of recent Indian and world cinema, including fiction and documentaries amongst others. The festival aims at creating an open forum where filmmakers and film-lovers can interact in an informal and meaningful way. The event will also help in promoting intercultural exchange that will bring local Indians and Tibetans together under one roof, to not only to watch the films, but also to organise the festival.
This year, Dharamshala International Film Festival 2020 (DIFF) will make its first appearance in the beautiful town of McLeodganj, Dharamshala. The first edition of the festival will screen more than 20 feature films, and documentaries from across the world. In addition, panel discussions and master classes will also be organised, where filmmakers from India and overseas will address the gathering.
Around 22 films to be shown at the Dharamshala International Film Festival have been announced so far, more are expected to be round the corner. Highlights of those lined-up are:
- Senna by Asif Kapadia
- Summer Pasture by Lynn True, Nelson Walker and Tsering Perlo
- 5 Broken Cameras by Emat Burnat and Guy Davidi
- Nostalgia For The Light by Patricio Guzman
- ½ Revolution by Karim El Hakim and Omar Shargawi
- My Reincarnation by Jennifer Fox
- Shanghai by Dibakar Banerjee
- Bunohan (Return To Murder) by Dain Said
- Miss Lovely by Ashim Ahluwalia
- Oka! by Lavinia Currier
- Fable Of The Fish by Adolfo Borinaga Alix Jr.
- Gattu by Rajan Khosa